cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert zoom audio recording to transcript

agdurai
Listener

Hi,

I am a Research Scholar using zoom free account.   How do I convert audio recordings to transcript, are there options available in zoom application?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi

Transcription is not available with basic/free account. Please check the feature availability in the link below.

https://zoom.us/pricing & click on Full Plan Comparison.

Hi RajanB,

How is done with a paid account. I have the audio recordings and would like to convert to transcripts.

RajanB

Hi SathaP

If you're referring to convert audio recordings to trascripts after the meeting has ended, Zoom does not provide that service. There are other companies which can provide this service.

If you have business/enterprise/education plan, you can start cloud recording & can get audio transcription enabled. Please refer to link below for more info. Free & Pro plan does not have this feature.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409311220621

This should be changed or modified. Perhaps if someone forgets or doesn't know they get 2-3 post recording transcriptions free or even 1/ month. When they go back and realize there's no transcript they'll learn to enable it- my current situation. Doing a dissertation and not knowing transcript had to be enabled and Now I have to go back over 4 interviews

Hi Rajan B

I have Zoom recordings with Audio transcription enabled. But the recordings were done "Record To the Computer" and NOT "Record to the Cloud". Is there anyway possible to transfer the Computer recordings to the Cloud so that the Audio Transcript can be embedded in the video. 

RajanB

Hi Hafizul

I'm afraid Zoom doesn't provide this feature.  There maybe 3rd party software/services which maybe able to do. 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can look into other transcription services, such as Otter.ai, which have a pretty generous free trial. 

PAFlood1
Listener

I have a paid account but I don't see the option of transcription service on Zoom.

Daniel-Pirciu
Listener

The only way to convert audio to text after the meeting ended is to use an external tool, Otter or Meetgeek are great options.