cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a meeting to a webinar without changing the zoom link

Krista
Listener

Does anyone know if I can change a meeting to a webinar without losing/changing the current link? I've already sent the link to participants so don't want to it modified.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arman_n
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi Krista,

When converting from meeting to webinar, the registration URL will remain the same, those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before, and meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar. 

Please see: Converting meetings and webinars

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

arman_n
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi Krista,

When converting from meeting to webinar, the registration URL will remain the same, those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before, and meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar. 

Please see: Converting meetings and webinars

Thank you!

What about those that have meeting link but have not registered yet.  Will they be able to get into to the "now" Webinar with the "now converted" Meeting original meeting link?

Can a Zoom delegate convert his/her manager's meeting to a webinar on behalf of their manager?  I'm an admin to an executive.  I am logged into my Zoom account and dropped down meetings for and selected my manager's name.  When I click on the meeting in question, I do not have Convert meeting to Webinar option to the right of the Start/Edit/Delete buttons at the bottom like your instructions link explain.  Is the only way to convert it, to be logged in as my manager?  I have edit privileges, but again, no option to convert on behalf of my manager.

ICLAjbf
Listener

Thanks for asking this! I had the same question. 

CFord
Listener

You have indicated that " registration URL will remain the same" however, the page you have linked to indicates: When converting from meeting to webinar, the meeting/webinar ID will remain the same, but the registration link will change slightly. Those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before, and meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar. 

What happens to those people who have the original registration link and try to register - will they get an error message or will they be redirected to the new registration link?

Thanks!

Carol