Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating accounts problem

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Folks,

I have a few a few different Zoom accounts. I have slowly been merging them into my main Business account.

I have one account that is being a problem.

It is a standalone login that was originally a Zoom Rooms account, for which the license itself has expired – but which I want to retain the login for.

The email domain for that account is a domain now integrated into by Business account, but the problematic login still remains as a standalone account.

When I login to the standalone I, as expected, get the Consolidate into Account prompt.

When I select Consolidate, I get this message:

"Accounts with Zoom Rooms licenses cannot be merged because you will lose your Zoom Rooms data. If you wish to proceed and merge the accounts, please remove your Zoom Rooms licenses. After the Zoom Rooms licenses have been removed you may proceed to merge the accounts by clicking the link in your invitation email."

However – I cannot get passed this message and login in order to remove the Rooms license.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rupert

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Accounts cannot join other accounts when there is an active "user" besides the owner. Since that account has a Zoom Room, which counts as a user, you cannot accept the invite to consolidate into the other account. You need to delete that Zoom Room, then accept the invite. 

If you cannot get into the owner profile to do that, it sounds like you need to temporarily adjust the associated domain settings to allow yourself temporary access into that account, delete the ZR, re-enable the relevant associated domain setting, then consolidate into the larger account. 

I have a room_(garbage).iCloud.com user, how do you get into the :owner profile to do that, it sounds like you need to temporarily adjust the associated domain settings to allow yourself temporary access into that account, I want to delete that user.

TorahTechGuy

I also cannot merge a pro account into my business account. I get the same error Rupert does but I have never had Zoom rooms. I don't have any other users, zoom rooms, devices or anything. Every page I search in my zoom account that I want to move over is empty of any of this and yet I still get this error. Very frustrated!

David Paskin
Your Torah Tech Guy
www.torahtechguy.com

scottwharton
Listener

did you figure it out?

Frank_TB

HI David,

I believe any addon will stop you from doing what you want. If you have any addons you need to remove them first.

Regards