cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Slow on Version 5.8

AdamWithers
Listener

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time. If you are a part of a corporate account, and need advanced technical support beyond our Online Resources, please contact your Zoom account administrators.

Most of our staff that have upgraded to the new version 5.8 are finding when attempting to connect to meeting there is a long delay

This is happening:
- When clicking on "New Meeting". It will show the window with the local webcam and "connecting..." at the top. After 50 seconds it then shows the buttons at the bottom and askes how to connect audio
- Attempting to join a meeting. After entering the meeting ID it takes about 50 seconds before the passcode window shows. It then takes another 50 seconds to join the meeting.

Notes:
This is happening for staff in the office and working remotely (zoom is installed locally on laptops)
Windows 10 devices all on latest Feature pack
Appears to be happening on HP and Lenovo laptops.

I have also tested :
-Logging in as local admin user (off domain)
-Tried with AV disabled and enable
-Ensured laptop fully windows up-to-date
-Disabled Audio and webcam devices
-Ensured device drivers are up-to-date.

Note this does NOT happen with the previous version of zoom. I asked one user that was on the 5.7.8 to test and working OK. Upgraded to 5.8 and the issues above happened.

Any ideas appreciated 

-------------------------------------------

On a side note, I have tried to submit a web ticket, but despite being the "owner" of the corporate account is comes back with the below and closes the ticket (which is nice):

-

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time. If you are a part of a corporate account, and need advanced technical support beyond our Online Resources, please contact your Zoom account administrators.

-

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AdamWithers, I am seeing a resolved ticket for this issue. Our apologies for getting to this discussion you created. Are you still experiencing any issues after the ticket you opened recently (Oct 20)? If not, great! You can mark this reply as the solution. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!