cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent meetings and Webinars

JR87
Listener

I currently have a Pro license, and I'm running an upcoming event that will have both concurrent Meetings and concurrent Webinars. I know I need individual licenses for each one that runs concurrently, but I'm trying to figure out if I can simultaneously run a Meeting and a Webinar using the same account/email address, presuming I have the Webinar add-on.  I won't be presenting--just the behind-the-scenes administrator for all of the sessions.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Sorry. @JR87  -- one user can only host one event at a time.  If you start another event, you are given the option as shown here:

Ray_Harwood_0-1653074137409.png

At that point, you can either force-end the other meeting, and the new one you wanted to start will start, or you can cancel and allow the other meeting to continue.

Are these Meetings and Webinars all related to each other, like separate sessions in a single "big event"?  There's an option: Zoom Events.  It's not for the faint of heart, but it's only $20/month over the Webinar license, and allows you to have a wide range of sessions all in one Event/Conference.  But setting it up is tricky.  If you're going to be doing this a lot, though, it's worth investigating.

If you're interested, I'll drop in some additional information. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Sorry. @JR87  -- one user can only host one event at a time.  If you start another event, you are given the option as shown here:

Ray_Harwood_0-1653074137409.png

At that point, you can either force-end the other meeting, and the new one you wanted to start will start, or you can cancel and allow the other meeting to continue.

Are these Meetings and Webinars all related to each other, like separate sessions in a single "big event"?  There's an option: Zoom Events.  It's not for the faint of heart, but it's only $20/month over the Webinar license, and allows you to have a wide range of sessions all in one Event/Conference.  But setting it up is tricky.  If you're going to be doing this a lot, though, it's worth investigating.

If you're interested, I'll drop in some additional information. 

Thanks @Ray_Harwood .  Bummer that I can't run a concurrent meeting and webinar, but I get it. We've already committed to a virtual platform that integrates with Zoom, so Zoom Events won't work for us at this point.  

Ray_Harwood

Too bad. Well, the good news is that you can use your Webinar license, and then add one additional user account to your organizational account, and just pay for one month of Pro, then let it ride as a Basic account til you need it again.  I’m a solo one-person event producer, and I’ve got 5 accounts ready to use as needed. 

servicesteam
Listener

Hey I saw your post. We have purchased a Zoom events package in order to run concurrent sessions (alongside other things) but I'm struggling to create an event at all and can't find any advice for this online. It just doesn't give me the drop down option to create event...

Thanks, Sophie

Ray_Harwood

@servicesteam/Sophie,

Welcome to Zoom Events!  I've sent you a private message with some information.

Zoom Events creation isn't "rocket science or brain surgery", but it's certainly at huge leap from your everyday Meeting or Webinar. There are a variety of resources out there, including:

See my PM for additional details.