cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer audio not received by participants when using Share Screen

GMM
Listener

Zoom installed on new HP  / Windows 10.

In Zoom Share Screen video is received by participants but not the computer audio.

Have checked for Zoom and Computer audio setting with no success.

Everything works fine on old HP PC.

Any suggestion for where to look for the issue would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @GMM 

Do you have more than one audio device - maybe speakers and a USB headset, something like that?

What kind of audio are you trying to share - music, sounds?

Is your Computer Audio coming out of speakers when your Microphone is also active - can you try Muting yourself in Zoom - does that make a difference?

Are you selecting Mono or Stereo (High Fidelity) when selecting Computer Audio?

How many participants are there in the meeting?

Do you have another device where you can do a simple meeting with yourself, to see if that reproduces the problem?

Is your Zoom client up-to-date?

Rupert

Just me and another person.  I'm teaching a Yoga class on zoom and now they can't hear any of my Music. 

GMM
Listener

Hello Rupert, thanks for your quick response.  Answers to the questions are below.

> Do you have more than one audio device - maybe speakers and a USB headset, something like that?

It's a new PC so hasn't been complicated by me adding anything extra to it - yet. It has the supplied - Speaker (Realtek(R) Audio )

> What kind of audio are you trying to share - music, sounds?

My voice, picked up by the microphone, is heard by participants OK.

When I try and share a video the video is seen by the participants but with no sound - but I have sound my end.

I have also tried sharing just an audio file, sounds from web pages, and other apps without success. 

> Is your Computer Audio coming out of speakers when your Microphone is also active - can you try Muting yourself in Zoom - does that make a difference?

I am hearing the Computer Audio at my end but the participants are not.  I have tried muting myself in Zoom and, as another test, muting the speaker on the PC. Neither of those made a difference. 

(If I put the sound up loud enough it seems to be being picked up to an extent by the built in microphone.)

> Are you selecting Mono or Stereo (High Fidelity) when selecting Computer Audio?

I have tried both options to see if it made a difference. It didn't work with either setting.

> How many participants are there in the meeting?

I am at the stage of testing the install of Zoom on the new PC so for now it has been one or two participants in different locations.  At some stage it will be 50/60 devices in the meeting.

> Do you have another device where you can do a simple meeting with yourself, to see if that reproduces the problem?

I have an old PC that the new one is replacing. I have run the same test on both machines where they have either been the Host or the participant.  The sound is heard only when I run the test from the old PC. 

There must be some setting in the new PC or in Zoom that causing the problem.

> Is your Zoom client up-to-date?

Yes, latest version is installed.

Thank you for you help,

George (GMM)

Rupert

Hi @GMM 

Thank you for a great set of answers!

In your Audio Settings in Zoom, can you go to the Advanced button at the bottom and then try switching between Signal Processing - Raw and Default. Test with each option. If no change go back to Auto.

Rupert_0-1632919632312.png

Next will be to ensure you are using the 64-bit version of Zoom. Often the 32-bit can get installed by default.

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.0.1324/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Are your Windows Updates and Drivers up-to-date?  Windows > Settings > Updates ?

Hello Rupert,

> In your Audio Settings in Zoom, can you go to the Advanced button at the bottom and then try switching between Signal Processing - Raw and Default. Test with each option. If no change go back to Auto.

* Tried both of those options but it made no difference.

>Next will be to ensure you are using the 64-bit version of Zoom. Often the 32-bit can get installed by default.

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.0.1324/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

* I really thought this might be the school boy error I had made. I uninstalled Zoom and reinstalled using your link. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

> Are your Windows Updates and Drivers up-to-date?  Windows > Settings > Updates ?

* There was the update pictured below which has been installed - again with no difference.

GMM_1-1632993311967.png

I have also just tried running Zoom as Administrator. No change.

Thank you Rupert for your suggestions - it gives me hope 🙂

George 

Hello Rupert,

Just an update ...

I installed a trial version of  - Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) - connect audio applications
https://vac.muzychenko.net

So now have the option of switching to - Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)

GMM_1-1633011769872.png

GMM_2-1633011830193.png

When I now Share on Zoom and switch to Line 1 the participants receive the audio ok, which is great, but I don't receive the audio through my speakers. Do you think that can narrows down where the problem might be?

Thanks,

George

Hi Rupert, 

If there is anything else you can think of that I could try I would be very grateful.  Using Zoom has been so easy to install and use up to now but with a new PC ... 😕

Thanks,

George

Hi GMM,
Have you resolved the problem? How?
I have the same thing happening on my computer right now.
The funny thing is that the last week I was able to share (same PC, no hardware changing), but the last 3 days not.  And it seems to be nothing that I can do to avoid this. So annoying. 

KathlynChamen
Listener

I am following this thread as I too am having the same issue.    

GMM
Listener

Hi masdeca and KathlynChamen,

Sorry for this late reply ...

It has been sorted to an extent. I created a new Windows account on the PC and installed Zoom and other software. This did not work to begin with but now seems to be OK. 

The old Windows account works fine for everything else but still does not work transmitting the sound with a video over Zoom. All settings seem to be the same on both Windows accounts!?

For important meeting I still revert back to my old PC which runs slow but is reliable.

I hope that is of some help,

George

Gordon_Arthur
Listener

Hello, I have just found this thread and am interested in the responses. I don't know whether it is still being monitored. I have two participants in my meetings who experience the same issue. Typically there are 15 devices connected to the call, all but two hear the system audio okay. This leads me to assume that the issue is with the receiving device rather than me as the host. These two participants hear the general voice audio okay, and, when a screen share (for a PowerPoint show) is being transmitted, the speaker voice can be heard okay. Only when the computer audio is shared they hear no sound. One participant is using a new laptop, the other I am not sure about. Any suggestions?