cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined live and Zoom meeting settings question ...

BJW1
Listener

If a speaker at a live meeting event has a PPT presentation that projects onto a screen in the room, can that presentation simultaneously be broadcast as a screen share for the ZOOM participants so both audiences get a decent view? I have found that it is extremely hard to be in a ZOOM meeting and watching a feed of the PPT on the live location's wall; slides can barely be made out, glare from the room etc. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Listener

handman

Hi, am not sure what happened to your reply to my question - there is only the one word?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BJW1 

Yes, if the meeting is being hosted on the same device as the presentation, they can share the same screen as the projected presentation and would provide the best quality for both groups. If you were to point a camera at the projected screen for the online participants, you would get less of a quality image. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions! 

BJW1
Listener

That's great, thank you. Forgive one more q: how is this done in practice? I'll need to tell people specific steps 

Bort

Hi @BJW1 

Its hard to give exact instructions without knowing more about the specific setup you have, but here are the rough steps: 

1. Connect the computer to the projector. This may vary by device. 
  2. Join the Zoom meeting. 
  3. Begin sharing your screen on Zoom, making sure to choose the screen that is being displayed on the projector. There may be 1 screen for both the computer and projector (meaning the content of the computer is directly mirrored on the projector) or more than 1 screen (meaning the the projector is an extension of the computer's desktop and considered a 2nd screen). The 2nd option is often best, as the presenter can still view their notes on the computer, without that content being shared along with the presentation. 
  4. Start the presentation. 

Those live should see the projected presentation, while those on Zoom would see the presentation shared through Zoom.

I'd suggest doing a trial run, so that you can see how these steps vary for your situation and adjust as needed before the actual live presentation. 

That is great thanks; will pass that info along. One thing I did forget in my previous q is the audio. If we set to screen share as you suggest, will the ZOOM attendees still be dependent on the speaker's using a mic/voice level in room if no mic?

Bort

Yes, the Zoom participants will need the speaker to be connected to audio for them to hear. The speaker would just need to be close to or using a mic. 

It really depends on the size of the room, the mic being used for the computer, and the volume of the speaker's voice. A decent mic in a mid-sized room will be very different from a laptop's built-in mic in a large auditorium.