cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co host Pro - Basic

KizAla
Listener

I teach a Sunday School group each week with 3 other teachers.  one of our participants have individual paid Zoom accounts.  We would like to set up a recurring meeting and name 3 basic zoom account holders as cohosts in case one of the hosts cannot make a particular session.  How do we accomplish this?  When I enter one of the Zoom account holders email addresses as an alternative host, I get this message:  Unable to assign "email listed" as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time.  What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

An Alternative Host has to be a paid account.

If you have found this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @KizAla 

As @ZoomTestKitchen mentioned, Alt-hosts must be licensed users on the same account. You can still use the co-host feature in the live meeting, but cannot pre-set these participants as alt-hosts (which would become co-hosts during the live meeting) before the meeting. 

Hi @Bort,

I'm receiving the same error message reported by KizAla when trying to create a Zoom meeting under a user on our account using the ZOOM API https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/insertrealzoomuserID/meetings. 

When reviewing the call logs I see the status  400 for the call to create the meeting under the specific user id. The reponse code is 1114 message:  "Unable to assign "alternative host email address" as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time" . So it appears that the issue with selecting the alternative host user is preventing the meeting from being created. 

I have checked the following:

• Host is associated with our account
    • Has an active Zoom profile
    • Is assigned a Pro license
    • Zoom client version 5.12.2.11434
  • Alternative host is also associated with our account
    • Has an active Zoom profile 
    • Is assigned a Pro license
    • Zoom client version 5.12.2.4920
  • Zoom latest client version is 5.12.6 (10137) for windows and 5.12.6 (12435) for mac with the minimum version being 5.8.6 therefore both host Zoom client's are higher than the global minimum client. 

What else could be causes this error?

Bort

Hi @RichardsonM 

Not sure why that would be happening. If both users being assigned as alternative host are licensed and on the same account, it should work. The client requirement shouldn't be an issue since you are assigning this via API calls and not on the client directly. 

If you're still having this issue, I'd recommend submitting a request to Zoom Support.