cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud recording not fit when share screen with camera

minhbn
Listener

Hi,

I am using a computer with a resolution of 1366x768 when recording in cloud, there is a black space as shown below, is there a way to make it fit the screen? when down recording, the resolution is 1686x738, why is that?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2

michaelBhavel
Listener

The black space you are seeing when recording in the cloud with a resolution of 1366x768 is likely due to the aspect ratio difference between your screen resolution and the resolution of the recorded video. The aspect ratio is the ratio of the width to the height of the screen or video.

In the case of your screen resolution (1366x768), the aspect ratio is 16:9. However, when you mention the recorded video resolution as 1686x738, it suggests a different aspect ratio. The aspect ratio for this resolution is approximately 2.29:1.

When recording, it's possible that the software or platform you are using for recording may automatically adjust the resolution to a different aspect ratio based on its settings or default configurations. This can result in the black space or letterboxing effect, where the recorded video is displayed with black bars on the sides to fit the different aspect ratio.

To make the recorded video fit your screen without black spaces, you might want to check the settings or options in your recording software or platform. Look for settings related to resolution, aspect ratio, or display scaling to see if there are any options that allow you to adjust the output to match your screen resolution.

Regarding the specific resolution of 1686x738 after recording, it's possible that the software you are using for recording applies its own compression or processing, which might result in a slightly different resolution compared to the original screen resolution.

I would recommend consulting the documentation or support resources for the specific recording software or platform you are using to understand its settings and options better. Additionally, reaching out to their support team directly can provide more specific guidance on how to achieve the desired screen recording output.

Thank @michaelBhavel but I'm talking about Zoom's recording in the cloud not my recording software, when my computer has a resolution of 1366x768 join a meeting it will be like above