cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording

ryan_james
Listener

Hello!

I just finished a meeting where I was originally not the host, but was given host permissions after the host left. I recorded the meeting and selected save to cloud. However, I am unable to locate this video.

I tried to submit a help ticket, but was rejected. Any advice would be fantastic.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ryan_james 

Even though you were given the host role in the meeting, you are not the original host of the meeting. Any cloud recordings are recorded to the account of the original host, so you would not have access to the recording. You would need to reach out to the original host to get a link to view that recording. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @ryan_james 

Even though you were given the host role in the meeting, you are not the original host of the meeting. Any cloud recordings are recorded to the account of the original host, so you would not have access to the recording. You would need to reach out to the original host to get a link to view that recording. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Is it possible to start a recording to the cloud when you have a free account? Also what happens to the video if so, and would I be able to retrieve it if I signed up for a paid account?

Bort

You can only record to the cloud when you are a paid user. As a free user, you can only record locally to your computer. 

I am Unable to set Co-Host in my meeting Just require a help Can you please help me

Same question, but I'm the host.  I cannot locate how to find the recorded meeting on the cloud.  Thanks in advance for your insight.

vrosenthal
Listener

Are you supposed to have the option to do Cloud Recording, if you have an unpaid account? This scenario happened to me. The person I was video conferencing with created the Zoom link so he was the host. He gave me hosting permissions. The only recording option I had was Cloud Recording even though I have an unpaid account. Now, I can't find the file. I asked the person who I was speaking with to look for the link in their cloud.