cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording as a Co-Host

akazeem
Listener

I was invited to a meeting today and added as co-host. I recorded the session on cloud and it showed the session was being recorded. It's been over 7 hours and there is no recording under "cloud recordings" in my account profile. Please how can this recording be retrieved?

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The cloud recording is stored in the original hosts account. Being a co-host gave you the ability to start/stop recording, only. 

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Tony_Woodall
Listener

I have an Alternative Host (licensed) sign-on while I am not attending a meeting. How can they access the recordings?

I would assume that since they are a licensed user they would have access to all meetings and recordings.

Need help quick. I am leaving the country for 2 months and need someone to use the alternative account to host meetings and record and download the meetings. 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Tony_Woodall 

By default, the alternative host doesn't have access to cloud recordings, but you can adjust the cloud recording emails to also be sent to the alt-host, which would at least allow them to view and share it with others. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 21.19.39.png

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort - can you help me find the above email notification setting for cloud recordings?

Yes, I too am interested in where this setting is. We're trying to run a team meeting where the other co-hosts can access/share the recording with all of the attendees even if the host is out.

Click on Settings/Email Notifications

For clarity, it's an Administrative and not a per-Meeting setting and it's under: Account Management > Account Settings > Meeting > Email Notification section. It's called: "Send a copy to the Alternative Hosts" under heading of "When a cloud recording is available".

Under Settings/Email Notifications