cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording Processing after 24 hours - HELP

rpadley
Listener

I recorded a 40 minute meeting yesterday and was really counting on having the recording and transcript within a few hours for research purposes. I'm concerned that I'll have lost this precious meeting. I hardly ever use cloud recording but prefer local recording for this exact reason however I needed the transcript. 

Has anybody had this experience? Was the recording lost forever? I sincerely hope not. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, rpadley

At First, did you host the meeting in your account?
Only the host can confirm the completion of the cloud recording.

If the meeting was hosted on your account, you should see the following

There may be a delay in generating the recording file when the server load is high.
There were times when the delay was more than 24 hours.

You can know the status of the outage from the following page

Zoom Status

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes. I hosted the meeting (this was the first one) and then I hosted another meeting an hour or so later at the same Zoom link. The second one processed quickly and I've already downloaded it. The first one instead still says "processing recording."

I check the Zoom status link and everything seems to be running smoothly. Do you think this will just resolve itself?

Many thanks for your help. 

Ohkawa

Hi,

Maybe it really did fail to record.
I don't know what to do in this case.

I have experienced two cases of failed recording.
1. When using audio transcript.
 Audio transcription is only available in English, but when we enabled it for a Japanese meeting, the recording did not complete.

Ohkawa_0-1630796347338.png

2. Our company tries to keep recordings of multiple angles, and we recently had a problem with one of the angles where the recording file had an anomaly and could not be played back.

katarzynagrecka
Listener

Mam ten sam problem, nadal nie ma nagrania