cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed captioning

zellacase
Listener

I am practicing for our first use of closed captioning (using auto live transcript).  I start a meeting, I have my spouse joint the meeting.  I can see my own captions as I speak, but she cannot see a caption of what I am saying.  What am I not turning on;  I didn't have this problem until I enabled the close captioning 

1 REPLY 1

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @zellacase ,

if you have turned on live transcription and can see the “closed captioning” on your screen, your meeting participants (your wife) needs to also click on the Live Transcription button in the Zoom Toolbar at the bottom of her Zoom client.  She will have the option to see closed caption style or have it pop open a side bar (like the chat window) on the side of her Zoom client to read the transcript there.  Please note that that there is a minimum client version you need to be on or above.

Here is a support article for guidance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403492514829-Viewing-closed-captioning-live-transcription

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!