cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed captioning

Sharidi
Listener

Hello,

I want to enable closed captioning for our company but i am not sure about the good option to choose between automatic translation and third party one.  On zoom page here i can see the automatic transcription is only available in English and also have some limitations. I need a solution available from English to French/ French to english. Can anyone  advise me ? 

9 REPLIES 9

Drkjohnson13
Listener

I understand this feature is coming out soon in zoom, where you can use closed captions in various languages. I would keep checking. I recently attended a conference, and the presenter was using this feature, so this should be out to zoom users soon.

Thanks for your feedback @Drkjohnson13 . I think this option is already available but only for Business Plus account. (FYI i have a business account)

Drkjohnson13
Listener

Hi Sharidi, I think you are correct. I think you need to schedule a meeting, and the option will be available. You have the appropriate level of account to utilize this feature. Again, I recently attended a conference where the presenter used this feature. 

Best to you,

Kevin

@Drkjohnson13 we just have English to English available for business accounts. If you want other languages i think you need a Business Plus account.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Sharidi 

The standard automated captioning feature is available for all Zoom accounts, but this is currently limited to just generated captions in English. Over the course of August, Zoom is rolling out support for automated captions in additional languages. 

If you need the captions to be available in both English and French, then you would need access to the translated captions feature, which is currently available for certain customers with a new type of account bundle. This will be available for other accounts soon. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

Hi @Bort ,

Thank you for your response. Do you mean live translation caption features will be available for free to all accounts until end of this month ? 

Bort

Hi @Sharidi 

Yes, automated captioning is already available for all accounts, including free accounts, but this month we are rolling out support for automated captioning in additional languages besides English. I believe free accounts should already have these additional languages. 

GaryCoots
Listener

How do we access this feature during a zoom call?

hamatime
Listener

Hi,

It looks like this feature has not been enabled for all users. Currently, I don't see it rolled out for the organization I work for. 

Do you have an updated timeline?

Essie