cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Captioning Security

jornartan
Listener

We are using Zoom's closed captioning to transcribe our meetings and the transcript is saved to our local drive. Is there any available resource which provides an overview of how the live transcription service works and the security. We are concerned on data security.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bitcoin_Shaman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@jornartan Thanks for being paitent here!

I found some information on Otter.ai that will answer your questions. 

Let us know if this info helped you by giving us a Like & Accept this as a Solution. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bitcoin_Shaman

Hey @jornartan thanks for reaching out!

As a member of the security team here at Zoom, we take data security VERY seriously. 

Check out this link to get more information on Zoom's Security posture, & check out this link for information on our live transcription services. 

Hopefully this helps, if not please reach to your Zoom Sales Representative & we can dive deeper into this topic. 

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the links. I have went through them but wasnt able to find out if Zoom's closed captioning goes through a service to a third party service i.e. Otter.ai? Or is it that Otter.ai's capabilities are already inbuilt in Zoom?

Bitcoin_Shaman

@jornartan Thanks for being paitent here!

I found some information on Otter.ai that will answer your questions. 

Let us know if this info helped you by giving us a Like & Accept this as a Solution. 

Thanks!

Are you truly satisfied with their answer? I thought you want to know how Zoom's live caption translation is processed?

Anomaly
Listener

Well that sort of all when bust in Aug. 2023

"Zoom is entangled in an AI privacy mess...
The popular video conferencing platform's recent privacy and AI policy changes have exploded in the company's face. Here's what to know."

Report by: Steven Vaughan-Nichols, Senior Contributing Editor at zdnet com
Aug. 9, 2023 at 7:57 a.m. PT