cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up my recurring meetings

gdkerth
Listener

I have many recurring meetings showing up on my Upcoming Meetings dashboard but some of these meetings ended last year.   Should I be deleting the Recurring Meeting with the "delete" button  aka cleaning up the list?

Or does Zoom have the functionality to automatically remove these from my dashboard once the timeframe for the recurrence has ended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Recurring meetings, just like any meeting ID, will expire eventually and be removed from your list of meetings. You can find out more about when a meeting ID will expire here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362373-Meeting-and-Webinar-IDs

If you don't want to wait the year for a recurring meeting to expire, you can certainly delete them manually to clean up your list of meetings. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Recurring meetings, just like any meeting ID, will expire eventually and be removed from your list of meetings. You can find out more about when a meeting ID will expire here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362373-Meeting-and-Webinar-IDs

If you don't want to wait the year for a recurring meeting to expire, you can certainly delete them manually to clean up your list of meetings. 

So say I have a weekly recurring meeting connected with my Google Calendar. Zoom will keep my calendar cluttered with 1 year's worth of these meetings?? That is what I am getting from the article. I cannot clean up my calendar without sending a cancellation notice to everyone in the group, for a meeting that already finished?? I would think Zoom would allow users to choose whether to automatically hide meetings that have already occurred on their calendar. Why would I want to cancel a meeting that already finished (and send that to everyone)? There is no way I am the first person to face this.

So, how exactly can we manually delete such recurring meetings?

There is no "delete" option anywhere - neither in the Zoom app, nor in the Zoom Web Portal.

Thanks.

Same problem here.  Extremely frustrating.  Been on the Zoom forum for several hours now and it seems there is no answer and no one at Zoom seems to think its a problem that we have old irrelevant meetings cluttering up the calendar dashboard.  If this stays broken, I guess I can just cancel my Zoom subscription and use Google Meet. It works just fine.

I just started searching on how I can cleanup up my recurring meetings. I went so far to delete the recurring meeting from my Google Calendar, even though I was removed from those meetings by the organizer. This means that I have a recurring meeting from the past that does not have any new calendar entries from this point forward, but it still shows up in Zoom