cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat

GottaBeUserFrie
Listener

I have spent hours trying to figure out how to save chats.  They used to save automatically.  Then I had a problem and was told to de-install zoom and reinstall it.  Since then I cannot save them.  I cannot even copy them to paste.

There are multiple places that seem to have options to save chats, each requiring a different application.

The one time I got past Bolt/the gatekeeper, who cannot answer a single question, I spent an hour online with someone who felt my questions were not worthy of an answer, so he chose to answer his own questions.  I've spent hours on this.

If I click on the icon to save the chat, it shows me the options and they don't work.

I'm beginning to think that Zoom Customer Care is really being paid by the competitors so everyone leaves zoom.

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

I would suggest to make sure your Zoom PC client is updated to the last version. 

If you can't save the chat, maybe it is disabled on your account, you can verify that on the web portal:

Alex_PFT_0-1647013779068.png

Here the how to in details:

Enabling or disabling in-meeting chat – Zoom Support

If needed, here is how to enable the auto-saving option for chat:

Enabling auto saving chats – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

I WAS HOPEFUL.

The instructions said to log in to the web portal and then

In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.

But this was the only menu:
ss 2022-03-11 at 9.18.12 PM.jpg

 I've been trying to get an answer for almost a month.

Alex_PFT

Hi,

the navigation menu is on the left of the screen ....

Alex_PFT_0-1647259474468.png

Alex

zoom@pft

Alex, Thank you for trying.  But the Zoom documentation that you provided does not work.  Step 1 takes you to a page that looks like the below.

Can you suggest a way that Zoom can maybe support a paying customer?  Customers should not get tricked into providing the support that Zoom should be.  Next, restaurants will expect their customers to cook their own dinners.

Can you see where one can move to step 2?  It does not match.  You also said the menu is on the left. 

Alex_PFT

Hi,

By looking at your screenshot you are still on Zoom's main webpage, click My account on the top right corner and then log in. You will then see your account, and the navigation menu I was talking about. 

You can always contact the official Zoom support. A web ticket is a good choice if you don't want to call:

Zoom technical support – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft