cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Setting During Meeting

SylviaS
Listener

Hi everyone,

I noticed recently that you cannot change chat settings during a meeting as a host. I know that this topic on enable/disable chat has been discussed before and I know where to change it, but it doesn't work recently.

When I click Security - Allow participants to: Chat, it won't check off.

When I click Chat - ... - Participant can chat with: no one / host and co-host, still participants' messages are sent and can be viewed by everyone after I changed the setting.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @SylviaS 

I had a similar issue with this recently too, Zoom support advised me they fixed a few chat issues with version 5.7.6 of Zoom. I'd verify that you are on the most updated version of Zoom and see if the issue persists. If you are on the most updated version, I think that the next option would be to reach out to Zoom Support for further analysis and investigation. You can find out more on reaching support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support.

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jdott16

Hello @SylviaS 

I had a similar issue with this recently too, Zoom support advised me they fixed a few chat issues with version 5.7.6 of Zoom. I'd verify that you are on the most updated version of Zoom and see if the issue persists. If you are on the most updated version, I think that the next option would be to reach out to Zoom Support for further analysis and investigation. You can find out more on reaching support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support.

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks the updates fixed it.