cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel/chat filing

rita87
Listener

Hi, I'm currently trying to understand how can I remove a channel from the list and file it in Zoom cloud. I've update the settings related to filing timing, but I don't understan how I can remove the channel form the channels' list, without the risk of  deleting it permanently.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @rita87 

Can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do? I'm not sure I understand your request. 

rita87
Listener

Dear Bort,

My request is: how can I file the channels listed (see the screenshot) and remove them from the workplace. 

I'd like to file them, but at the same time remove from the list fo channel from my area.

hoping to be clear.

thank you.

Bort

Hi @rita87 

Unfortunately, there is no way to file or archive chat channels you no longer need. You can leave them, but that creates issues later if you need to go back and reference something in those channels, as you will have to be added to that channel again. One alternative is to send these chat channels to a chat folder, so they you no longer have to see them constantly. 

Learn more creating a chat folders: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4837299437965-Creating-folders-for-Zoom-Team-Chat

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.