cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing your Personal Meeting ID #

GaryBurns
Listener

I made up a Personal Meeting ID number when I purchased a subscription.  I went to change that number, it's informing me that it's already in use.  I'm guessing from my free version.  How do I cancel out my free version so I can change my number?  I can't seem to find, or get in my free version to cancel it out.  Any help would be appreciated!  

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, GaryBurns

You can delete your free version account by signing in to the Zoom web portal and clicking "Terminate my account".

Ohkawa_0-1632872772580.png

bobrichards
Listener

I have a free account which I use maybe once/month.  I get email messages like this "Sherry has joined your Personal Meeting Room." at times when I have not scheduled any meeting and do not know the person.  How do I change my personal meeting id on a free account?

When I try to do that, I get this message "only your IT admin can change your personal meeting ID"

This is my individual account, I do not have an "IT admin"

Ohkawa

@bobrichards san

Personal Meeting ID cannot be changed for free accounts.
If someone tries to join a zoom meeting with your Personal Meeting ID, you will be notified by email.
To prevent notifications, you can change the emai notifications in the meeting settings. In this case, you will not be notified even if the person you want joins your meeting.

Ohkawa_1-1676000394082.png

You can also disable the use of your Personal Meeting ID.

Ohkawa_0-1676000332546.png