cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing presenters from the host position for hybrid meetings

Sameolddog
Listener

Not unlike a newscast where one person controls what is being shown on the screen, I want to be able to switch from an on site webcam, over to a remote speaker, then back to an "on site" speaker, then to a power point, and back and forth as I need to without having a cadre of cohosts who have to continually share screen and then stop share screen. 

Can this be done?

2 REPLIES 2

Jameswalter
Participant

If the meeting host loses the connection due to power or internet service interruption, Zoom will assign a random participant as the host. To choose a co-host at the beginning of a meeting, click on a participant name and choose “Assign as co-host.” If the host gets bumped off, the co-host can keep the meeting open.

Regards,
James

Hello James. Thank you for the kind response unfortunately I did not make myself clear. Forget anything to do with connectivity or assigning roles.

What I would like to do is have the host control what is being projected to an audience and shown online to remote viewers from multiple sources. Normally you might have a co-host with a cellphone  or a webcam recording a guest speaker who is in the room with the audience. Now without having the cpo-host share their screen or unshare, I want to be able to switch cameras from thew host position.  Think broadcast booth where the director changes cameras to get different anglews or switch to a film clip then back to the speakers without having the co-hosts do anything.