Change the name of my personal Meeting Room

karenp55
Listener

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @karenp55 

You cannot change the name of your Personal Meeting Room, but you can schedule a meeting with that same ID and name that meeting something different. 

I did that a month ago for a once off meeting - and now the renamed meeting still shows up while people are waiting to be admitted to my Room- how do I delete that once off naming of a meeting?

Bort

Can you check your list of Previous Meetings on the web and delete that one-off meeting with your PMI? 

Is that similar to entering a Different Topic?

Not a great feature. The only way I can change it is to change my profile name to one I would like to keep anonymous due to its sensitive nature. But since I use this same profile for multiple types of meetings, I have to remember to change my profile name every time I start a meeting. If I forget, regular attendees will not recognize the meeting name and get confused. Or worse than that, I may expose my other profile name which I want to keep anonymous.

nickforneris
Listener

Just awful you can't change the name of the default room. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement. For what Zoom Pro plans cost, that's a pretty poor user experience.

Gregor
Listener

It's ridiculous: Way tooooooo many adjustments in Zoom - but the default name of the room (Topic) cannot be adjusted?? Is there anyone caring about usability, or is it only about functions, function, functions and more functions??

nicksportscard
Listener

Yep. Especially aggravating and awkward is that the default UNCHANGEABLE name for the meeting room has the word "personal" in it - when I use this account for WORK.