cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location or size of embedded active speaker video in meeting recording

NemanMTX
Attendee

Hi gang. We record a lot of presentations where the speaker is talking about a shared PowerPoint.  The "Shared screen with active speaker" video recording layout places the active speaker in the upper right hand corner (see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360025561091-Recording-layouts#h_b91c2338-c2d1-48e8-9571-c...). This can cover up lengthy slide titles or information on some of our more large/complex slides. 

Knowing this, we're currently in the process of rethinking our PPT templates to include a content-no-go zone where, if the space is covered, no content is lost. But that only works for PPT. In other applications, such as a browser, it covers the menu. In a Microsoft 365 application, depending on screen resolution, it might cover the Ribbon. And so forth.

Is there a good solution to this problem? Does Zoom allow repositioning of the embedded active speaker video? (Yes, I know I can separately download the active speaker view only and shared screen only and spend hours editing/overlaying/publishing the two. That's just not practical.)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

CoachVal
Listener

Following as I would love to read an answer! thanks