cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of cloud recordings to an independent server.

jojoLEC
Listener

Hello all, 

My enterprise consistently runs out of allocated space to save Zoom cloud recordings and we were interested in the possibility of hosting our own server to save the recordings. I know we have the option to do this manually, but is there a way to automate the process or change the location of the server from the Zoom cloud to our own independent server? 
I looked in the help articles and only see options for this with on-premise meetings. My enterprise if fully remote scattered across the US so on-prem option isn't viable. Any insight or info on this is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

jojoLEC 

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @jojoLEC 

Have you explored the option of Local recordings so they are saved on user's PC instead of cloud ?

If you have not, this article will help you configure local recordings for your users:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

jojoLEC
Listener

Hello, thanks for the reply, but I was more so thinking about hosting my own server that I could then have Zoom connect there to have the cloud recordings routed to my own server, but it doesn't seem like this is possible. 

sachinzoom

Hi @jojoLEC 

I haven't tried this yet but can you try changing the default Local recording folder to a network folder ( on your server ?)

Does that work ?