cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sound notification when someone joins or leaves

topsy-krett
Listener

Hello, 

I see in parameter that we can enable / disable the sound notification when someone joins or leaves.

I'd like to keep it enabled, but the sound makes me jump everytime I hear it. Can I change it with another sound ? Maybe with the PCM files ? (not sure, because when i read them with audacity, I get a strange sound).

Thank you 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

topsy-krett
Listener

Please, @ZoomTestKitchen @Ray_Harwood would you have an idea ? thank you 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @topsy-krett.

As far as I know, there's no way to permanently change the sound.  You might be able to tinker with the PCM files in the Zoom install (probably "dingdong" and "dingdong1"), but Zoom will probably overwrite them during the update process.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I do not want to abuse of your kindness, but perhaps you would have advice for pcm files ? I'm looking for a website where I could download a short, less shrill sound. thanks

Ray_Harwood

No problem, @topsy-krett!  I try to help as much as I can... but I don't know of any PCM sources or converters.  I even tried using my Adobe Audition to open the file... and it opened, but didn't play.  And I tried to convert another "ding" I found on Envato, but to no avail.  So at the moment, I've got nothing!  But I'll poke around when I have time, and if I come up with anything, I'll pop back here and let you know!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

topsy-krett
Listener

thank you @Ray__harwood ; let's keep in touch. 👌