cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captioning in pro account

kellysmith72
Listener

I'm not sure where we can submit enhancement requests, but Zoom should know that I would be willing to pay a slight upcharge to get captioning for my pro account.

I use my pro plan for a local grass roots volunteer organization. We have one meeting a month and we have a member who needs closed captioning. And we have very little funding, so I'm paying for this out of pocket. It appears to me that to get the built in captioning with Zoom I would have to upgrade to Business. For 200 a month. Which is nuts. Or a 3rd party vendor for 20. It would seem to me that Zoom would want to support making accessibility an affordable option.

If any of you know where to submit and enhancement request or chat with zoom customer service, lmk. I can't find that option anywhere.

8 REPLIES 8

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to reach out to the community. 

Zoom highly appriciates its users feedback. If you would like to submit feedback, you can click https://zoom.us/feed. 

Alternatively, if you are looking to contact customer service, you have a couple different options. 

If you would like to contact customer service, you can click the chat icon at the buttom of the page, and tell the bot to connect with live agent. 

Then the chat bot will give you 3 options of either contacting support, sales, or billing. Then you can type support, and you will be connected with an agent. 

Then your other option is to submit a web ticket. You can do this by clicking https://support.zoom.us/requests/new, or by clicking the submit request icon in the zoom help center. 

Regards: @pizzalover28

Thank you! This is super helpful.

You're welcome. 

Fyi, in the future, if you like an answer you got in the zoom community, you can click accept as solution also.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @kellysmith72 

Have you tried the live transcription service during the meeting? That should be available on a Pro account and works very well. The transcription of cloud recordings is limited to Business accounts, but live transcription should be available to Pro accounts already, and soon for free accounts too

davinamw
Listener

I am glad that Zoom will be rolling out live transcription for all soon. I understand the need to have added value features for different product levels, but I think that features that help with usability/ADA compliance should be available to all. Like Kelly, I should be providing closed captioning for those who need it; but, as a small business, cannot justify buying up into a business account with its 10 profile minimum when all I need is a single profile.

Bort

Live transcription, or Live Captioning, is already available for all accounts. This article has details on how to enable: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207279736

Thanks Bort. I saw your earlier post on this but I spoke to support just two weeks ago (i.e. after you posted on 9/27) and  was told CC was not yet available for Pro accounts. I will check again, this time armed with the article link.

Bort

Two weeks ago, the Support team was correct that it was still only available for paid accounts. The full rollout of Live Transcription was just finished up this past week. Certainly let me know if you do not see the Live Transcription option in your account.