cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captioning Zoom Sessions

pshikli
Listener

Online resources instructing me how to enable captioning Zoom sessions point to:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409683389709-Enabling-manual-captions

but  its Step #3 says to click a "Meeting" tab with a "In Meeting (Advanced)" option.  I have searched and found no such tab and option.

Has Zoom possibly upgraded without the instruction being updated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yep! You're all set to allow users to enable captions if they need them 👍

Please select "accept as a solution" in the above post to help future community posters find the right answer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ccameron

@pshikli,

When you go to "Account Settings", I'd recommend just using the search bar at the top. You can search the word "captions" and follow the rest of the article from there.

Photo attached.

If you are still having trouble, please share a screenshot of what you're seeing/where it is you're looking.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Hi Cameron,

Perhaps I'm in the wrong place but I also see no search option per the attached screen capture:

pshikli_0-1663787133697.png

Cheers,
Peter

ccameron

@pshikli,

If you close your Zoom desktop app window, and look at the web page, the search bar will be in the web browser right behind it.

From there you can search for captions and follow the steps.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

That seems to have done the trick.  Thank you.

It does give me several options, and I'm not sure which is the one to select so that a deaf attendee will be able to turn on captions. Is the button that I moved to the right below the correct selection?

pshikli_1-1663791985690.png

Cheers,
Peter

ccameron

Yep! You're all set to allow users to enable captions if they need them 👍

Please select "accept as a solution" in the above post to help future community posters find the right answer.

Hi, I know this discussion may be outdated because the settings look different than the user-provided screenshot. However, multiple people on our team cannot figure out how to assign someone to type manual captions. We're followed the steps under "How to start manual captioning" but Host controls in step 3 is not there. The "In Meeting (Advanced)" settings have both manual and automated captioning enabled.. we also tried turning automated captioning off in those settings, but the Host controls AND Enable manual captioner are nowhere to be found during webinars OR meetings.