cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant't connect via Zoom Client on MacBook OS12.0.1

eddwutt
Listener

I could not sign-in to Zoom client on my MacBook running OS 12.0.1. It always shows an error "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again"

I can sign-in and use Zoom via Chrome browser on the same MacBook.

Any ideas what went wrong? There is no blocking in firewall or VPN.

I recognize that there is no Zoom in camera privacy setting, it has only in Microphone privacy.

Any suggestion on this?

23 REPLIES 23

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @eddwutt 

What version of Zoom are you running?  Did this start to happen shortly after upgrading your Mac to OS 12.0.1?  This might be as easy as just installing the latest client over what you already have installed.

Thanks!

HenrietteGruber
Listener

This did not help me either with the same problem. I installed the new version after erasing everything from that deinstaller of the old Zoom version. It only runs via Chrome Browser...

I have the exact same issue. It'll work via chrome browser or even safari on my iPad but not via safari or the installed app on my Macbook. Any chance you found a solution yet? 

pieterbotes

@HenrietteGruber and @frederike2905 

Could you possibly please respond back with the following information:

• Any specific error you get when you start / try to connect to a meeting (I realize that this may be the same as the initial ask but need to make sure)
  • Can you check in you in you "System --> Security & Privacy --> Privacy" under "Camera" and "Microphone" if you can see the "Zoom" application in there and if it has a check mark next to it?
Thanks!

frederike2905
Listener

Thank you for reaching out!

The specific error is that I cannot log into the Zoom App. It says there are connection issues. When I try to log in via Safari it says the page cannot be opened / found.  These problems do not occur, when I log in via Google Chrome or a different device. I did not have these issues before the software update. 

I also checked and both camera and microphone have a check mark next to it. 

pieterbotes

@frederike2905 that gives us a good starting point to work from.  Lets check on a couple of settings to see if we can get this going.

The most common reason I've seen for this is when there is a problem with some proxy configurations in Safari that will mostly only affect Safari and applications installed and not specifically other browsers.  Please check if you have anything configured in:

Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxies (Change Settings).

Check for any checkmarks etc in there.  Please don't post any specific proxy addresses or bypass urls in here, just let me know if you have any check marks next to which options.

Thanks!

So I did check and there are no marks tagged. There is a little box at the bottom that says do not use proxy settings for these domains and host and then theres some random code. Shall I remove the code and try again or is that only gonna make things worse? 

Thank you!!

pieterbotes

@frederike2905 Please do that but also make sure you copy that out so that you can put it back afterwards.

Thanks!

I did, unfortunately nothing has changed.

HenrietteGruber
Listener

pieterbotes

Thanks @HenrietteGruber that gives us a good starting point to work from.  Let's check on a couple of settings to see if we can get this going.

The most common reason I've seen for this is when there is a problem with some proxy configurations in Safari that will mostly only affect Safari and applications installed and not specifically other browsers.  Please check if you have anything configured in:

Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxies (Change Settings).

Check for any checkmarks etc in there.  Please don't post any specific proxy addresses or bypass urls in here, just let me know if you have any check marks next to which options.

Thanks!

HenrietteGruber
Listener

I did everything as Frederike did. No proxies, connected mic and connected cam. Everything fine so far.

What else can we do? @Frederike: Do you use also a new Macbook Pro M1?

pieterbotes

@frederike2905 and @HenrietteGruber please let me know if you have individual accounts or if these are part of an enterprise controlled account?

Thanks!

I do have both an individual account and a student account from TU Dortmund University and experience the same issues with both of the accounts.

pieterbotes

Thanks for getting back to me @frederike2905 , I'm watching the support case with the other user and as soon as we've determined what is causing this, I'll reply back with a solution.

Thanks!

HenrietteGruber
Listener

Hey my account works for an enterprise called Social Impact.

pieterbotes

@HenrietteGruber we will need to get you in touch with support as we will most likely need to get a log file to understand why this is not working.  I'll get the ticket opened for you on this.

Thanks!

I am having a very similar problem ( I think) to the one described above. 

I am trying to use Zoom Client Version: 5.9.3 (4239) on a MacBookAir (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) and Monterey 12.2.1. When I attempt to sign in, I get the message "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again." I am having no other problems with wifi connectivity. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the zoom.us client using the "uninstall" mechanism, I have turned off my firewall, I have restarted my server. I have turned off my Malwarebytes protection. I can get into my account via Safari. I have found nothing online that seems to explain this problem, so I am assuming it is not a problem with an update, although everything was working until I installed Monterey 12.2.1 from the previous version a couple of days ago. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any advice?

Exactly the same problem here on a Mac mini MM1, since I updated to 12.2.1
Can connect via webbrower (firefox), also the iphone app works

FOfromNJ
Listener

I am having a very similar problem ( I think) to the one described above. 

I am trying to use Zoom Client Version: 5.9.3 (4239) on a MacBookAir (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) and Monterey 12.2.1. When I attempt to sign in, I get the message "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again." I am having no other problems with wifi connectivity. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the zoom.us client using the "uninstall" mechanism, I have turned off my firewall, I have restarted my server. I have turned off my Malwarebytes protection. I can get into my account via Safari. I have found nothing online that seems to explain this problem, so I am assuming it is not a problem with an update, although everything was working until I installed Monterey 12.2.1 from the previous version a couple of days ago. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any advice?

pieterbotes

Hi, do you have any type of VPN on your laptop?

Thanks!

I do not think so.  I have checked, but I see no evidence of a VPN, except perhaps whatever Private Relay is.  I have now tried turning off Private Relay in my Mac's setting and also turning off Malwarebytes protection at the same time, but the problem persists. I am able to join meetings in my web browser (Safari).

ColectivoPulmar
Listener

The information in this page helped me:

https://www.payetteforward.com/zoom-not-working-on-mac-fix/

Good luck everyone!