cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant stop recieving email notifications about a zoom account I dont control

optimalgabe
Listener

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, please help.

I was given/shared access to a different zoom account than my own, and for some reason I am getting every email notification for when that account has someone join a meeting. They have apparently removed my email from their account but I still am getting emails every time they use it and its cluttering my inbox, and I don't want to block zoom from my inbox. I may have to block a key word so I dont lose all zoom emails.

I would really appreciate some help on this!!

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @optimalgabe -- who needs more junk mail, right? 🤔

I'm not sure this will help, but it's the first place I'd check:  Go to your account on the web (https://zoom.us), and go to Personal --> Settings, under the Meeting tab click Email Notification. There are a number of check boxes there that if turned on will generate email to you.  Turn off the ones that you definitely don't want -- regardless of who they come from. 

For those that you are getting notification for someone else's account but that you still want to get just for you... you might need to have the Account Admin go through the same process: go to Account --> Account Settings in the Meeting tab and the Email Notification section.  Most of the items there specify notifying the Host, so you shouldn't be getting any notifications about another person's meeting.  But also located there are the following two items:

Ray_Harwood_0-1649772221187.png

Your Account Admin should be able to make sure that either you are not an admin, or uncheck the boxes there for Account Admins, so you won't receive security-related notices.

That's all I can think of at the moment... let me know if that helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Wrong answer. Nothing there!