cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to Zoom

Erina
Listener

I just got a new laptop recently, and after installing zoom, I realised I couldn't get past the log in page without a "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again" pop up.

I then use my old laptop to try and find out if its really the connection issue . Low and behold, Zoom runs perfectly fine. 

Any ideas on why this happens, and how to solve it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

yuan-stanley
Participant

If you have a Mac - I had this issue for ages and was unable to resolve it. I finally did a little more looking, and found this StackExchange post that suggested uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

https://superuser.com/questions/1671647/zoom-on-macos-catalina-hangs-on-connecting-gets-error-unable...

I did this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, I reinstalled and it successfully worked.

FYI @Erina @Javier1979 @None @AndreaKing @Ekinney in case any of you are still hitting this issue.

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic. Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we were able to create a new support article that outlines how to troubleshoot the Zoom error on macOS: You are unable to connect to Zoom. We encourage you to visit and review this article to help guide you in your successful use of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6618841634957.

Thank you!

Moderator Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi

You need to check wether there is antivirus/proxy/vpn/firewall on your new computer that maybe blocked you to access zoom.

Also you always can test zoom meeting via https://zoom.us/test 

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Thanks for the Zoom Test meeting link Nafi, with that one I get

"Unable to connect" 

"Check to make sure you're connected to a stable network that is not blocked by a firewall or proxy."

Ekinney
Listener

Any luck? Mine is also stuck at "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again".  things that have not helped:

re-install zoom

update Mac OS from 11.4 to 11.5.2

turn off firewall

turn off Malware Bytes

Reboot (Mac M1 desktop)

Also - I don't have a proxy - there is a great guide here on how to check that:

https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000090431-How-can-I-tell-if-I-use-a-proxy-server-

No luck so far  😞 My firewall isn't on and I don't have any proxies either.

Did yours ever work? mine worked when I bought my mac but when I was away for a weekend I came home to see that the machine had restarted (even though automatic software updates are off, and I have a UPS), and zoom no longer worked.

I just recently bought my MacBook with the M1 chip  so this is the first time I’ve downloaded zoom! My other MacBook ran Zoom perfectly fine though.

Just wanted to make sure you got it working too.

AndreaKing
Listener

Anyone found a solution yet? I have been greeted with the same error ever since I updated Mac OS to Big Sur 11.5.2

Zoom still works on my Imac but that is running Catalina so won't be updating that until this issue on my laptop is sorted.

None
Listener

I have same issue too! In browser this is working and my phone app too, only mac have problem.... What is it? Zoom in mac worked early.....

My chromebook can't connect to another zoom

Javier1979
Listener

Same here. 

In browser this is working and my phone app too, but with my MacBook Air with Big Sur 11.5.2 not.

Please help!

yuan-stanley
Participant

If you have a Mac - I had this issue for ages and was unable to resolve it. I finally did a little more looking, and found this StackExchange post that suggested uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

https://superuser.com/questions/1671647/zoom-on-macos-catalina-hangs-on-connecting-gets-error-unable...

I did this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, I reinstalled and it successfully worked.

FYI @Erina @Javier1979 @None @AndreaKing @Ekinney in case any of you are still hitting this issue.

Thank you so much! This worked for me too!

Thank you Yuan, worked for me also.

Thanks Yuan! I've spent lots of time with this. But now it works great!

Thank you so much. THANK YOU! I had the same problem and your solution worked for me too.

It should be marked officially as "answer" whoever can do that. @Erina maybe?

FYI for others' troubleshooting, my computer is M1 macbook pro with Big Sur 11.6

Another FYI, for me at least, this seems to be an issue with SSO (single sign-on). I reported the issue as fixed after signing in with my personal email account. Then, I tried to use SSO to sign in on the desktop client and had some errors associated with that, and when I went back to sign in with my gmail address I again could not connect to Zoom to log in.

So I used the uninstaller again and reinstalled the client - and I will no longer attempt using SSO on the desktop app. Maybe SSO is only meant for using in-browser? I don't know.

HI,  Your issue sounds similar to mine.

I'm using SSO and am seeing connection issues on the zoom desktop. A new meeting is attempted and we see the connection attempts going in a loop. This has loop can continue for over an hour..

Traffic analyser shows timeout errors, and the zoom appears to be connecting to their HT Tunnels.

Did you manage to figure out what was/is causing this?

Regards

Hi McKenzie,

Unfortunately not. I don't have the knowledge to do any significant network analysis. And since I only need SSO to access recorded zoom lectures in a web browser I just left it at that. I just won't use SSO on the desktop application.

Anyways, best of luck to you with it.

Thanks for the tag, yes working now for me too. For me, I found the tiny side-link at https://zoom.us/download for M1 Macs, and installed that. No restart needed. Yay! Thank you.

Finally found a solution that worked, thank you!

Thank. you so much for the explanation, I was going crazy here. 🙏 It worked 100% 

/CamSan

Worked perfectly, thanks!

OMG I cannot thank you enough. This worked like magic! My husband and I have been struggling with this issue for 3 weeks now and it has been driving us crazy. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God bless you 💖

This is the trick that worked for me. Nothing else did. Thanks!

THANK YOU!!! I tried many things, but this finally did the trick!!!

THANK YOU!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE WORKER, Shine on you crazy diamond!

Thank you so much! Solved my problem too!

THANK YOU. It worked on my Mac. I have been searching for the solution for months and finally saw this. Hope other people with this issues could see this useful tip! Really appreciate! 

Sometimes reinstalling the zoom also doesn't works, in that that case to make it work 100% go to system preferences > Security&privacy> firewall>unlock with your credentials>go to firewall options> hit plus sign and add the zoom.us installer to the firewall and click ok 

Bless you. Worked for me as well.

Thanks Yuan! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽         

It took me months to finally find a successful solution like yours!

Best!

Luis

Thanks for this.  I had this error today for the first time just as I was about to start a client call!  Bizarrely it happened on my M1 iMac running Catalina, and on my old MacBook Air running El Capitan.  This solution fixed it on both, so thanks again!

Thank you soo much! I took me weeks now to resolve this problem and it finally worked with this workaround.

Legend!! thank you so much...

Hi

I did this too,last week whenI got a message you must leave this meeting to join other.  I clicked on leave meeting and it took me to page to add my login credentials.  did that and nothing happened. Any advice.

Hi @dstbiz1 , have you tried completely uninstalling the Zoom app, rebooting your device, and then reinstalling? That may do the trick!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi There,

I've tried all of the advice in this thread, but I still cannot establish a connection. Is there any new advice for this fault?