cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot type capital letters or special characters when join meeting with Windows

gfkottmann
Listener

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @gfkottmann not sure as to why you would need to use special characters or letters when joining a meeting as Meeting ID can be a 10 or 11-digit number. The 11-digit number is used for instant, scheduled or recurring meetings. The 10-digit number is used for Personal Meeting IDs. Or if you're referring to chat within meetings and cannot type special characters or capital letters? Just need further clarification. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @gfkottmann not sure as to why you would need to use special characters or letters when joining a meeting as Meeting ID can be a 10 or 11-digit number. The 11-digit number is used for instant, scheduled or recurring meetings. The 10-digit number is used for Personal Meeting IDs. Or if you're referring to chat within meetings and cannot type special characters or capital letters? Just need further clarification. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

KimmieJam
Listener

I too, can not type capital letters. A group I am in had to change the passcode to get into the meetings, and some letters are capitalized. On my laptop, I can't type the capital letters, but on my phone, I can. Super odd. What would cause this to happen?