cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot type capital letters in the join meeting

HankP
Listener

I have an I Mac never had this problem before. I cannot type Capital Letters in the Join Meeting info 

11 REPLIES 11

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @HankP 

The Join Meeting page expects either a Meeting ID or a Personal Link Name.  These are either numerical or lower case links only.

The input box drops case to lowercase automatically.

If you were not experiencing this before, maybe your browser was not previously adhering to the drop case formatting.

Lower case only is the correct behavior.

I entered the Meeting just fine.  Had to leave to turn up sound.  Cannot get back in and it is because the first letter will not capitalize.  ???

I attend 4-5 meetings a week. Never had this problem until tonight. Some meeting PW’s include caps. Tried  “share screen” instead of “join” caps allowed.

Hi, I have encountered the same problem last night. Can someone please tell me how did you fix the problem? 

Lowercase codes are given for joining meetings while uppercase letters are used for sharing your screen on a monitor. That's all the help I have to offer. When I was having the issue, it had nothing to do with the browser, and everything to do with me clicking "join" from my Zoom app homescreen when I should have been clicking "share."

thanks for the answer nikki, but how were you able to join? was a new meeting ID given?

Hi Rupert, how come it’s because of the browser when we are using the application? Or if so, can you tell me how to fix it? 

Thezinger
Listener

Well, Rupert? Why is it taking so long to reply? Methinks you might not have an answer. I couldn't get the Caps key to work when entering the passcode either. Very frustrating, as the zoom meeting I was attending on my laptop before is now only accessible on my phone. And why is the zoom regular meeting gone from my history. This is NOT good customer service.

nikkikend
Listener

This may or may not be the same problem I was having. I was clicking on the "join" option in Zoom when I really needed to click "share."  When the dialogue box opened, I couldn't type anything in capital letters, but as soon as I clicked share, I could. 

THolmes
Listener

I can't type letters in the meeting id and this is very frustrating. Can someone help if you know what the issue is.

My apologies! It was user error for me. Totally my mistake. My issue is fixed 🙌🏾