cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot switch to a different meeting host.

Ivy05
Listener

My boss delegated his Google calendar to me and I create his meetings all the time. Whenever I do so on his calendar and use Zoom as conferencing, my email always shows as the meeting host and that becomes a problem if I am not joining in that meeting. Is there any way to change that meeting host on Google calendar to a different email address? 

3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Participant

Hover over the name and click More. Click Make Host. Click Change Host. That user is now the host of the Zoom call, and the original host can leave the meeting.

Regards,
John

Ivy05
Listener

@Jameswalter Thanks. Is there any way to do this in Google calendar and not on Zoom? Reason why I want to do that is so I won't have to wait for my boss to get in the meeting room and assign him as host. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Scheduling privilege

Last Updated: September 26, 2022

Scheduling privilege is designed for a user or an executive admin to:

• Assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf. 
  • Schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) that has assigned you scheduling privilege. If both users have a webinar license, they can also schedule webinars for you.

You and the assigned scheduler must both be Licensed or On-Prem, and users with Scheduling Privilege are able to manage and act as an alternative host for all meetings.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803