cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot share audio when screen-sharing video clip

Aldaron
Listener

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble sharing audio while screen sharing. I've done it before, many times, and I have the share audio button switched on, but my students can see the video I'm attempting to share, but not hear any sound from it. 
Has anyone else run into this problem recently?

Thanks,

Phil

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Aldaron 

I have a few troubleshooting questions and steps for you? 

Can you hear the audio - and do you hear Zoom through a separate device device, like USB headphones?

Or does you Zoom audio come out of the same device/speakers/headphones as your audio (from your video)?

If you play something else through your computer - like maybe a system sound - can your students hear that?

Is your Microphone muted while you are playing audio - can you try that?

When selecting Share Audio, are you using the drop-down for Mono or HiFi.

Could your students maybe ALL be on mobile devices - phones or tablets?

Are you up-to-date in Zoom?

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Can you hear the audio - and do you hear Zoom through a separate device device, like USB headphones?

I can hear the audio without a problem. I'm using Bluetooth headphones through a USB 3.0 port. 

Or does you Zoom audio come out of the same device/speakers/headphones as your audio (from your video)?

My Zoom audio (and PC audio) comes through the same headset as the video audio. All are working fine on my end.

If you play something else through your computer - like maybe a system sound - can your students hear that?

Nope, we tried that, and they couldn't hear it either. I also tried running videos from several sources - the original one was a LinkedIn video, which we thought might have been copyright blocked, but other teachers in my area have run them without issue. But I also tried Netflix and YouTube videos, none of which had sound for the students (but I could hear fine).

Is your Microphone muted while you are playing audio - can you try that?

It wasn't when I was testing it this afternoon. I'll try it with them tomorrow. 

When selecting Share Audio, are you using the drop-down for Mono or HiFi.

I tried both with no change.

Could your students maybe ALL be on mobile devices - phones or tablets?

No, they were all on either desktop or laptop PCs, as we were working on Android studio programming. 

Are you up-to-date in Zoom?

I'm not 100% sure. In the past, Zoom has run automatic updates, so I'm assuming I have the latest version. 

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Windows 10.

Thanks for your help! 🙂 

damardis
Listener

I have a similar issue with share.  There is no sound when I share a YouTube video.