Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select Apple Studio Display Camera on MBP

marsteau
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi,

I have multiple camera, one of which is my Apple Studio Display camera. I see it listed, but selecting it will not switch the camera. The camera works fine in Photo Boot or in FaceTime.

Not sure what is going on. Also, can you confirm ZOOM CenterStage (supported on Mac on Apple Studio Display) is supported? (it is on ZOOM iOS on iPad)

Thanks,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marsteau
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Issue was resolved. My MBP was using French as OS language. Switching to English magically made the selection of the camera to work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

marsteau
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Issue was resolved. My MBP was using French as OS language. Switching to English magically made the selection of the camera to work.

I would not call this a solution, but only a hacky workaround.

Still waiting for an actual fix for this issue.

nonamesname
Listener

had the same issue.

zoom sticks to MPB camera and doesn't accept studio display cam.

changed language to English made me change camera as well.

afterwords changed back to former primary language

zoom now sticks to studio display cam.

weired…

heskech
Listener

I have two to Apple Studio displays and Zoom is not allowing me to switch my camera from my first Apple Studio display to the second. English is my MBP's language.

I can't leave my mbpro lid closed when trying to use the Studio Display camera.   weird.   when lid is open.. i can switch zoom video to use studio display camera.   otherwise...  when mbpro lid is closed it disables the camera.   but I have a studio display and i can have lid open or closed and it works.  

Did you (or anyone else) ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue. Two Studio Displays and the Zoom Video options show (under "Camera" dropdown:

- Studio Display Camera

- Studio Display Camera

Switching between them does nothing.

Same issue for me. Very surprised Zoom doesn't support this.

I have a feeling it's the fact that they have the same name and model that doesn't create the differentiation as unique and separate hardware. 

I have the same issue as well! Any thoughts here Zoom?

metasys
Listener

I have the same issue.  3 Studio displays, they all register with the same name and you cannot select an individual display.  Interestingly it seems that the microphone renames itself per display.  Apple I think is the primary culprit as there does not appear yet to be a way of individually naming the displays.  You can rename hard and ssd disks and ipads and after all the studio display is just a big iPad anyway.    Customer dreams of  something working before release   Aaargh! 

Maybe the folk at zoom can work around this - Fire up zoom app, read monitor display order, allocate 'falsename01,'falsename02,falsename03, provide zoom specific re-naming convention, call apple and ask the studio dev team to sort it out pronto.  Add to next Studio Display patch  This is not rocket science

ddhawk
Listener

Same issue here; can't select between 2 Studio Displays. Defaults to one of them. Running OSX Monterey 13.0 Developer Beta 10.