cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot schedule recurring meeting anmore without end date

Sa16
Listener

I used to schedule recurring meetings with no end date or number of occurrences. Now I am forced to choose and end date or a number of occurrences. If I choose for example "End date: 50 occurences", then all 50 meetings are listed on the left under upcoming meetings. That is totally annoying. How do I get around that? Also, it used to say "this is an ongoing meeting - meet anytime". I don't see that option anymore either. If I pick a certain time or date, can I still meet anytime?

Thanks for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Sa16,

This option is available on the web portal as No fixed time:

Ray_Harwood_0-1670191292895.jpeg

This option is not available on the Zoom desktop client. It was removed due to certain performance issues, and may be returned in a future release.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Frank_TB

Hello,

I am on a Mac and I can find it. Here is a screenshot I just took. Ray is giving you correct information.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 3.51.19 AM.png

Regards

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Sa16,

This option is not available on the Zoom desktop client. It was removed due to certain performance issues, and may be returned in a future release.

Dear Zoom; I absolutely need this option to be available on the desktop client. It was PERFECT until the latest update! Please change it back to what it was. Thank you.

I completely agree. I need this functionality on the desktop client.  Please reinstate it.  Thank you.

this latest install is a massive fail, I don't have the option despite trying to fix it 

did they fix it for you? because 3 months on I have this problem and it sucks!

Yes, please allow this option in the desktop client.

not for me

@Ray_Harwood wrote:

Hi, @Sa16,

This option is not available on the Zoom desktop client. 

HI

Sa16
Listener

Great, thank you!

HappyPear
Listener

I have the same issue and on my desktop and mobile the option is gone - there is no 'Meet Anytime' and no more 'No Fixed Time' under the drop-down. The only options are 'daily, weekly, monthly' now. It seems that this has become the default. I recently updated my zoom to the latest version, and this seems to have happened as a result. 

Help needed!

I have the same issue as of 4/10/2023. I did not have this issue a few weeks ago. 

There is not "meet anytime" option when I click "recurring meeting". I have to choose a date, time, number of recurrences, the day of the week each meeting will be etc. 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Summer22173.

How are you scheduling this meeting?  The option is present on the Zoom Web Portal method of scheduling as “No fixed time”::

Ray_Harwood_0-1681173201262.jpeg

The No fixed time option is not currently available on the Desktop App, there’s no Add meeting functionality on the iPad app, and on iPhone, there is no No fixed time option:

Ray_Harwood_1-1681174084018.jpeg

This works but is very tedious and time-consuming to have to navigate all the way to the web portal to do this – this feature should be added back to the desktop client @Anonymous!

thanks for showing how to do on the portal but it is NOT user friendly and I would like to see it returned as a feature when I click on the desktop. It was so simple 

Ray_Harwood

Just a note to everyone: The ability to schedule recurring meetings was added to the Windows Desktop Client on September 26, 2022 in version 5.12.0 (8964). Prior to that, the only way to schedule recurring meetings appears to be on the Zoom Web Portal. I don’t see any indication of changes to the capability in the Windows Desktop Client since then.

I tried this on a Mac on the Zoom web portal and there's no option for recurring meeting under the schedule meetings settings. 🤔

Frank_TB

Hello,

I am on a Mac and I can find it. Here is a screenshot I just took. Ray is giving you correct information.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 3.51.19 AM.png

Regards

I have tried this and while it does have the 'No fixed time' option on the web portal settings, it is not a global setting that affects the functionality of the client software.  When using the installed client, the No fixed time option is missing, and this has definitely only been the case since about a week ago, as others have stated.

I add my voice to the calls to reinstate the previous functionality.  It seems a very pointless and frustrating change.

it's totally rubbish

I tried this option and it did not work for me. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom after changing my web portal settings. When I logged back into the desktop client, it told me that my settings had been synced with the web portal settings but it's still not giving me the option to schedule without an end date.

I'm trying to follow your instructions (on a mac) I cannot find an edit option there.  Are you suggesting if I do this I will be able to have functionality on the desktop for easy open ended scheduling?  Any tips for the edit button? 

@Anonymous  where are you and what are you doing to fix this?  

It's not there. No "Recurring Meeting" section

this is out of date info.  You have to do into zoom on browser to do recurring meeting, it's pretty annoying IMO.  more time consuming.  It took me ages to figure it out too as the threads are sooo out of date

you can file a complaint here 
If you want a specific feature to be created or brought back, you can send a feature request for it. 

In order to submit a Feature Request to our Product Team, please fill out a feedback form located at https://www.zoom.us/feed

ellumine
Listener

I completely agree. Finding this option for each meeting on the web portal settings is VERY time consuming and NOT a realistic solution to this problem. Maybe if I only scheduled 1 meeting per week... I schedule 35+ meetings per week. Zoom, please change this setting back to the way it was. (I also agree with a prior comment that in addition to commenting here we should all be letting Zoom hear our voices under "help- report a problem").

puddleshark
Listener

Having reported this to Zoom support (opening a ticket), I got a response a day or so later that explained this may have happened inadvertently and should be fixed in the next release.  I didn't do anything or notice any updates, but another few days later when I tried again from the installed client, it worked again like it used to, so I'm happy.  Hope everyone else is okay too!?

That's interesting puddleshark, It's July now and I got a response from zoom support (within 24 hours of my complaint-thank you zoom) telling me it's not going to be reinstated and I will have to do via the website rather than the installed client.   So I'm not satisfied with that outcome as it's a pain and I'm curious why it works for some and not others (me!) @zoomsupport

Well, what I described happened a few months ago, about one week ago in early July it stopped working again for me too. If that is how it is to stay that is totally out of order, apparently everyone is agreed on that!?  Maybe we should all stage a boycott and use Skype instead for a week.

Lol, I can't face getting back on Skype but I have made a complaint to Zoom and a request that it be reinstated.  I've copy and pasted part of the email I got back and where I put my "feature request".   (FFS) really who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to get rid of the anytime/no fixed time option on the desktop!!  I will likely keep complaining until they do as I have to go and set up another one the long way around again!!    

If you want a specific feature to be created or brought back, you can send a feature request for it. 

In order to submit a Feature Request to our Product Team, please fill out a feedback form located at https://www.zoom.us/feed

I will try and do that too as soon as I can find the time.

jillsumi
Listener

I also agree. This was perfect until it was "fixed". Most of my repeating times are repeating for years. I don't want to have to keep setting up new meetings every couple of months. I hate the way it works now. I may even switch to simple practice to do my videos.

jmoshore
Listener

Me too. now it lists 53 meetings under side meeting bar which is driving myself and my staff crazy. tech support not getting back to me today to fix this issue

kv23
Listener

thanks for your help but that is not the case anymore for me since the last install, i have read the articles and reinstalled but still no option

puddleshark
Listener

I have formally reported this now, has anyone else who did got a response yet?

kv23
Listener

I haven't received a response, (I may have got a receipt of "feedback", can't remember)

so that would be over 3 weeks ago...... 

disappointing