cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my guitar sound to my audience!

SimonNgTK
Listener

I use a Livetrak L-8 sound mixer. It is connected to my desktop (HPZ440 workstation). For Zoom Meeting, I lead songs using a microphone and a guitar. They are connected to the L-8 sound mixer so that my audience can hear my singing and guitar clearly. I use ethernet to ensure stable connection. I have a 1Ghz fibre broadband subscription. 

I was told that sound mixer is the best approach, but I have failed to get good sound to the participants of the meeting. The vocal is scratchy and the guitar sound is choppy and at times inaudible.

I have already selected the original sound (see attached screenshots)

In fact it is worse than when I was using the TASCAM recorder/mic as a single audio input, directly connected to my desktop.

Can anyone advise if there is something that I have missed?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi simonngtk,

on the top left of your zoom meeting screen, have you toggled original sounds for musicians from 'Off' to 'On'?

Eliot_0-1673663915646.png

Eliot_1-1673663915665.png

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

SimonNgTK
Listener

Oh, I did not know there is that additional switch. I will try it out. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot

hi simonngtk,

on the top left of your zoom meeting screen, have you toggled original sounds for musicians from 'Off' to 'On'?

Eliot_0-1673663915646.png

Eliot_1-1673663915665.png

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot, I can confirmed that I am able to share better sound after turning on the switch. No more clipping.

Thanks for your great help.

Simon.

SimonNgTK
Listener

Oh, I did not know there is that additional switch. I will try it out. Thanks.

Hi2023
Listener

I've tried, same thing, problem not resolved. 

danielsru
Listener

Same here, I've been having this problem with many of my students. Their voices are clear, they guitar (acoustic type) cannot be heard clearly. I tried all options: High fidelity music mode ON/OFF, Echo ON/OFF, Automatically adjust volume is OFF.

I am using Zoom mostly to teach. Very annoying

philbass
Listener

hi, ive just set up on a new laptop. Voice on zoom is fine, but only occasional noise from mandolin. always use original sound. have reinstalled zoom. switched to better mic. But cany hear my mandolin, nor my on line teacher's. This is much worse than in the past not using original sound - it just ignores guitar and mandolin. Wondering if something has been changed in how zoom works?

philbass
Listener

A reply to my own issue here - I have finally discovered that my new Asus laptop has "noise-cancelling" technology on its microphone and speaker circuits, which cuts out music! - and other "background noises". It can be turned off - thank goodness.