cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable auto-transcription

Kasper008
Listener

Hi there, 

I am an employee at a university and the university has purchased licenses called "On-Prem". 

Right now i am testing the feature for "auto-transcription" but i cannot activate it in a Zoom meeting. I have logged into Zooms website and changed the settings - see my attached screenshot. When i open a Zoom meeting and try to activate it, i cannot press the button called "Enable Auto-Transcription". Nothing happens when i press it, and it keeps being greyed out. See my other screenshot. 

It is a danish university i work at and danish is not available for auto-transcription, but it was supposed to be for when english was the spoken language in the Zoom meeting. 

My theories is, that the license registers that i am located in Denmark and therefore i cannot activate it. Or maybe it is the license that we have that do not allow for this feature. Can anyone help or verify my theories? 

Good day to everyone 🙂 

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kasper008 have you looked into the KB on Enabling automated captions or Enabling and configuring translated captions?

Prerequisites for enabling translated captions is with a Zoom One Business Plus or Zoom One Enterprise Plus account, or assigned the Zoom Translated Captions add-on*.

Prerequisites for enabling automated captions can be done so by the Account owner or a user with admin privileges.

Assuming you're on a Zoom version 5.9.0 and higher and enabled live transcription within the meeting? 

Here is my POV in-meeting as the host with the following settings enabled at https://zoom.us/profile/setting

Web portal settings:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.40.37 AM.png

In a Zoom Meeting, clicking on the carrot ( ^ ) next to Show Captions: 

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.39.36 AM.png

Once you've clicked on the language you want to translate to and my speaking language is English: 

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.39.18 AM.png

And once that's enabled, you should see something like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.45.19 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!