cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Start Video - Video Problems

Zyma
Listener

It Reads:

Failed to start the video camera.  Please select another video camera in settings.  Can Someone help me out with this issue please? 

8 REPLIES 8

nduffieldhistor
Listener

I have the same problem. Camera has worked for a long time and suddenly stopped working. Tried downloading newest Zoom client and checking all the controls but nothing corrects it. Camera does work on my laptop. How doI solve this please?

deebee
Listener

I am also having the same problem, camera has stopped working with Zoom.  Uninstalling and re-downloading the app did not fix it. Camera still works fine with Google and Facebook video meetings, so it seems to be a Zoom problem???

nduffieldhistor
Listener

I agree. First time I have used this Forum. Does not seem like anyone is rushing to help!

nduffieldhistor
Listener

Anyone found a solution yet please?

MochaMan
Listener

Video is not connecting/ transmitting/functioning at host site. I have a Canon 5D Mark IV with Canon EOS Video utility set up and I can see my video feed on one of my monitors. When I joined the event I was able to establish audio link transmission to and reception from, the event. The video feed from the event was also transmitted, which I received. I could see the host video on a second monitor with all the other participants in the little boxes. My video feed was never received/transmitted/functioning throughout the entire event. When prompted by others I made some attempts using the icons on the bottom of the page to solve the problem with no success.  What is the proper protocol,  procedure, sequence or whatever to establish a two way video link with the host?

Thank you, Gary

Thanks Mocha Man and TallyTim. I will try both of those ideas.

TallyTim
Listener

I resolved the issue by simply unplugging the camera for a few seconds.

MochaMan
Listener

This glitch occurred so long ago I do not remember how I resolved this specific issue. I do remember an issue I had in regard to the Canon EOS Webcam Utility that Canon created as an interface for their still cameras that have video capabilities enabling them to be used as 'webcams.' According to the instructions from Canon, zoom and other sources, the process was, set camera up for video, power it up, activate the Canon EOS Webcam Utility, set up all the specifics as the software provided for exposure, zoom setting for the lens, etc., then enter the zoom meeting that you were to participate. When done in this manner I would always receive a message on the computer screen to the effect that I needed to change to another camera or camera software as there was no image being transmitted. There was no other software, no other camera I had ever had so those were not viable options. Over time, weeks, months, I'm not sure, somehow I stumbled across a solution. It was contrary to all the instructions I had from all sources but resulted in my being elated with a camera that was now transmitting to the meeting. It took a good deal longer for me to stumble across the solution a couple more times until I realized what had happened that lead to my initial success. Toss the instructions!

Set the camera up as previously indicated, check all camera settings so you are satisfied with the image   . . . .  and then CLOSE THE Canon EOS Webcam Utility! Then go through the process of accessing the meeting. That is the process I continue to use.