cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Convert Recording on Mac Monterey

tlb1414
Listener

Hello-

I recently updated my software on Mac to Monterey 12.0.1. I had a Zoom meeting earlier today that I recorded and it did not convert. When I tried to convert it, it said I needed to give Zoom permission in System Preferences> Security and Privacy. When I went to the Files and Folder option, Zoom is no longer there and the + button is grayed out so I cannot add Zoom to my list of apps that I allow permission to access my files and folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? I wanted to get this meeting transcribed ASAP. I also have a Zoom wedding tomorrow which I do not want to mess up.

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @tlb1414, did you try testing this while not in a meeting or attempt to close the Zoom client and try? Also to make changes. you would need to click on the lock and unlock to make any changes. 

Also to note: 

For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN,

I can see you know a bit about the settings for Mac. Can you please assist me also.... I have a Mac with system BIG SIR and trying to turn on my Zoom security & Privacy in settings, just want to turn on (gray) to convert my latest meeting recordings! Assessment is due tomorrow and need to assess them for evidence. Can you help... screen shots.  thanks Tori