cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you turn on/off the the chat function during a meeting?

analetto
Listener

Hello, I find the chat function quite annoying while presenting, especially when participants write irrelevant messages that pop up and distract the speaker and others.

Question: can the host turn on and off the chat function during a meeting to ensure it is on when needed and off when someone is speaking?

thanks

Andrea(s)

Mr.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @analetto , 

Yes, it is possible to temporarily limit the use of chat during a meeting. This is done via the Security button in the meeting controls: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 16.51.03.png

You can find out more about the Security settings on the Support site

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @analetto, I believe this article has just the solution you're looking for https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004809306-Enabling-and-disabling-in-meeting-or-in-webin.... Let me know if this helps! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Bort

Hi @analetto , 

Yes, it is possible to temporarily limit the use of chat during a meeting. This is done via the Security button in the meeting controls: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 16.51.03.png

You can find out more about the Security settings on the Support site

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

thx

oscar1
Listener

I don't like that too

analetto
Listener

Hi there,

I recently figured that the option "Show Chat Previews" is also especially useful as it flags incoming messages without having the whole message popping up and distracting. 

Cheers

analetto_0-1654690296532.png

Mr.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  Thanks so much!

pecon
Listener

Thank you analetto!!