cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you disable participant pictures on recordings? Providing Host only picture on recording.

jdricker
Listener

The recording has too much space used to show a FEW of the participants on the recordings.  In fact it is the Host plus 3 other participants.  

I don't want to lose the participant panel, just remove it from the recording.

3 REPLIES 3

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Jdricker,

You can record just active speaker with content.  There are several layout options.  Please review this support document for more details.  Recording-layouts 

If this helped, please consider marking as solution accepted. 

Thank you,

Nancy

I look at the layouts document and there are a lot of options.  So many it is hard to find something specific.  However, I did see that you can show only the Active speaker by using that option in the View selection.

I cannot find a "View" setting.  I can show video panel or not show video panel.  If I turn off video panel it turns off the host image too.

I have multiple monitors and can see a full screen of the gallery off to the side.  I just want to reduce the footprint of the participant video in the recording.

nancyc

Hi jdricker,

I believe the reason why you don't have a "view" button is due to the use of the dual monitors.  If you look closely when using the dual monitors, the screen that holds the video doesn't have a view option in the top right corner.  However, the other screen should.  I just tested it.  You can change your view option on your main monitor.  (the one you opened the meeting on), not monitor that shows video.

Once you get to your view option, my suggestion is to record with active speaker only if you are sharing content.  Or gallery view if there is no content.  

Thank you, 

Nancy