cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the layout be changed after cloud recording?

chmedly
Listener

I wanted to record only the shared screen without any camera video. 

I poked through as many settings as I could find and in the local recording I unchecked the box that says "Place video next to the shared screen in the recording".  I didn't realize that a) this would only affect the local recording and b) that local recording has it's own record button, so I ended up with a cloud recording only AND it has the presenter's camera video stuck to the side. I had the thought that I could just crop camera shot out and render a new video BUT this recording isn't even 1080p resolution to begin with. It's going to look pretty bad going this route. Is there any way to "rerender" the video from the Zoom cloud with the layout that I want?  

btw, Zoom is supposed to be the 'easy' way to do this video chat stuff. But it seems like it's become a tangled mess of different support documents and unintuitive option names in the software.  

2 REPLIES 2

ArvinG
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @chmedly – In the web portal, you can go to Settings > Recording > Cloud Recordings > Enable "Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately" > Enable shared screen. This allow for future cloud recordings to have a separate file that only has the screen that is shared during a a presentation + audio. 

If the above steps have not been enabled at the time this recording took place then I don't think there would be another way to get that layout from within the portal.

Jameswalter
Participant

The layout of a Zoom meeting cannot be changed after the recording has been made. You must change your layout settings prior to the start of the meeting in order to produce a recording with a different layout.

Regards,
James