cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the host see other participants' screens?

Anonymoususer
Listener

I'm thinking that can the host see other participants' screens? I went search in the internet and they all said that the host cannot see your screen if you are not sharing it, and that made me thought, that this is true. But today, I have a meeting, and I was reading newspaper all time, and surprisingly, the host can see my screen and told me that I shouldn't do that in the meeting. I was very confuse. Can someone explain this for me?

Extra: The host said that she used two apps to see my (and other participants') screen. First, she use the app called "UltraViewer", and she doesn't tell us the second app.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Zoom does not have the ability to see a meeting participants screen unless they share. As you mentioned in your post, the meeting host has additional software applications that provide visibility to your desktop PC.

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobF

Zoom does not have the ability to see a meeting participants screen unless they share. As you mentioned in your post, the meeting host has additional software applications that provide visibility to your desktop PC.

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

Thanks for the solution!