cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the caption transcript be recovered from Zoom meeting if I forgot to save it?

bbempress
Listener

I need the caption transcript for zoom meeting that just ended.  I forgot to save it and call ended. Is there any way to recover it.

4 REPLIES 4

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @bbempress 

If the meeting was recorded, the caption or transcription will be available under your Personal -> recordings. Or if it was recorded locally, then in your selected download folder. if not, you will not have access to meeting captions ( that wasn't recorded)

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

AGray_
Listener

Hi @sachinzoom , this only works if you're the host of the meeting. What if I'm a participant of the meeting and I enabled the closed captions, but then didn't get a chance to save the transcript prior to the meeting ending? Is there a way to get the transcript after the meeting, as a participant?

tandres
Listener

Have you ever had an answer for your question? I also have the same problem

Sadly, I never received an answer. I have just learned to click on Save Transcript throughout the meeting so I don't lose anything. Also, I learned that the host of the meeting can see which participant clicked to show captions. The rest of the meeting just knows "a participant" enabled them, but the host can see which participant did.