Did you mean: 

Can't view webinar full screen

Gene_Hoffman
Listener

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Gene_Hoffman  you can switch any of the layouts (except floating the thumbnail window) to full-screen mode by double-clicking your Zoom window. You can exit full screen by double-clicking again or using the Esc key on your keyboard. Note: In older versions of macOS, click Meeting and Enter Fullscreen in the Top Menu bar. More info within our KB on Adjusting your video layout during a virtual meeting

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The issue is that sometimes there are two windows: 1) the presenter's computer screen and 2) the presenter's camera.  There is a vertical bar between the two windows that I can drag to increase or decrease the size, but I can't find any way to close the window with the presenter's camera., so I can see the presenter's computer screen full screen.  I prefer this because of the better resolution.   Even if the presenter closes their camera view, it is replaced by a company logo. 

Gene_Hoffman_0-1647545183652.png

Sometimes, the presenter's camera is shown picture-in-picture, so I am seeing their computer screen full screen.  This is great.

Gene_Hoffman_1-1647545563245.png

There are multiple people at the company who present various webinars.  I have asked about this issue in their on-line forum.  So far, none of them know what they're doing that makes any difference.  They asked me to ask you.

Another user has reported seeing the same issue I am reporting, so it's not just me.  Some have suggested that the issue is due to a recent Zoom change.  Some have suggested that I'm seeing this issue because I'm using macOS instead of Windows.

I am using macOS Monterey, version 12.2.1 and Zoom version 5.9.6.

Other webinar participants have now commented.  Both macOS and Windows users have reported the same issue, on the same webinars.  The difference seems to be something that the webinar presenter is doing.  However, none of them know anything they're doing that would make any difference.  They have again asked me to ask you, Zoom.

When it works, we see the presenters' camera views as picture-in-picture, small windows on the full-screen view of the presenter's computer screen.  The small camera window(s) automatically vanish when the presenter(s) close their camera view.

When it doesn't work, we see two windows, with a vertical bar between them.  One window is the presenter's computer screen.  The other window is the presenter's camera view, or a company log when they close their camera view.  Dragging the vertical bar changes the relative sizes of the two windows, but we can't find any way to show only the presenter's computer screen, full-screen.