cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my headsets when on Zoom

Thatmule
Listener

My blue tooth headsets work great on my computer except on zoom.  I'm working on a Mac.  When I switch to either headset a message comes up that it is switching me to the device specified but then nothing happens and I end up having to listen from my computer audio.  How do I correct this?

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_T
Listener

I would first make sure your headset is recognized by the computer.  Then use the zoom settings for audio to make sure you selected that headset for speaker and mic.  Run both tests and ensure the device is working.  We tried using two different models of Logitech H820e headsets,  the mono and the stereo.  Both work but neither has any call control.  We moved to the Poly Savi 8240 and this device has some but not all call control.  It will answer remotely but not drop a call remotely.  When we first acquired the Logitech models they worked.  Shortly after they stopped working.  I opened a ticket with both Zoom and Logitech and the finger pointing began.  We are 7 months into trying to make the remote answer function work with no luck.  Logitech has offered a different model but still the same problem.  Zoom keeps saying it is a Logitech issue.  In my opinion there needs to be some standardization on the signals between a headset and a phone app that can and should be common to all headset manufacturers.  There is no need for proprietary signaling.  Good luck and I hope someone has had better luck than we have.

ERM
Listener

For several years, I have used Bose QC35II headphones with Zoom and had no problems. Recently, I updated my headphone to the Bose QC ultra and Zoom doesn't seem to recognize them.  The headphones work great with my devices, they just don't show up under Audio on Zoom. What is the problem? Is it with Zoom or with Bose? 

ERM
Listener

Zoom also doesn't recognize the Sony WH1000-MX5 headphones.