cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall Zoom 5.7.1247 with cleanzoom.exe

Mati_uy
Listener

Hello we made over intune a package of Zoom 5.7.1247, when we try to uninstall via powershell, we broke something.

We had around 100 clients with this issue, could be possible to get this version to install and then uninstall it correctly?

I attached some screenshot of the issue when I try to uninstall. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

visiio
Listener

We have had the same issue and the only way to resolve this was to remove all instances of zoom.exe (and related matter) from the registry - after removing each instance refresh the control panel/program listings until Zoom is no longer listed and then try and install the new version

View solution in original post

visiio
Listener

did you remove all registry entries related to zoom? including sub keys - i have not seen the error you have posted before. keys such as below 
c:\users\username\appadata\roaming\zoom ... 

visiio_0-1668677396242.pngvisiio_1-1668677450707.png

visiio_2-1668677494172.png

visiio_3-1668677704492.png

visiio_4-1668677724930.png

-- this key maybe different in yours

and keys like

{2}.\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_111d&dev_7676&subsys_103c2ad5&rev_1001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\speakertopology/00010001|\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\mmmmAppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe%b{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

C:#Users#username#AppData#Roaming#Zoom#bin#Zoom.exe

--- there are may such keys, i deleted all which i could related to zoom, zoom communications etc. 

--- i did not need to restart the computer, just install the new version of zoom after clearing the registry 

--- after each entry of zoom is removed from registry, the zoom listing should disappear from the control panel/add/remove programs/programs and features listing of installed apps.

have to be careful not to delete any other keys

any path that has zoom\bin\

and any installation folders for zoom from the file explorer

Best

I made what you told me and yes there were registry entries associated to Zoom, but after restart the computer the program appears on installed apps. 

I found a solution who works for me, in the registry I look for the version of the Zoom just the numbers  > "5.7.1247" and I removed the registry folders associated to that version. 

Maybe because was deploy over intune the search was different (using version number), but I follow your steps removing every folder associated to the Zoom.exe.  

I am going to mark a solution because maybe with the 2 workarounds that you told me and I made, the issue dissapear. 

Thanks so much for your help @visiio !

Now is just the last version appears on installed apps. 

Mati_uy_0-1668689500373.png

10 REPLIES 10

Jameswalter
Participant

Click the Start button (the Microsoft Window logo) Step 1.
Then click the gear icon at Step 2.
Then it opens a pop up window (inset blue box) where you click Apps. This brings you the Apps and Features option which provides the long list of software and apps installed on your machine. Scroll to the end where you will find Zoom. Click it and it will give you the option to Uninstall.

Check with these steps?

Hi, thanks for the answer, I attached 2 screenshot showing that there is an issue when I tried to uninstall. 

SalieMaielr
Listener

Zoom has a utility called CleanZoom (PC only) that does the following: remove all existing Zoom client of Skardu Tour Packages and plugin on the local machine (Zoom client (exe/msi), VDI client, outlook plugin) remove all regkeys associated with Zoom.

Hello, thanks for the response, the tool cleanzoom.exe doesn't solve this issue, I tried to use it but doesn't remove anything from the old installation. 

visiio
Listener

We have had the same issue and the only way to resolve this was to remove all instances of zoom.exe (and related matter) from the registry - after removing each instance refresh the control panel/program listings until Zoom is no longer listed and then try and install the new version

Sorry for the delayed in the response, I tried what you ask me, after restart the installation keeps on installed apps, but when I tried to uninstall the error, now is different. 

Mati_uy_0-1668612263204.png

visiio
Listener

did you remove all registry entries related to zoom? including sub keys - i have not seen the error you have posted before. keys such as below 
c:\users\username\appadata\roaming\zoom ... 

visiio_0-1668677396242.pngvisiio_1-1668677450707.png

visiio_2-1668677494172.png

visiio_3-1668677704492.png

visiio_4-1668677724930.png

-- this key maybe different in yours

and keys like

{2}.\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_111d&dev_7676&subsys_103c2ad5&rev_1001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\speakertopology/00010001|\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\mmmmAppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe%b{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

C:#Users#username#AppData#Roaming#Zoom#bin#Zoom.exe

--- there are may such keys, i deleted all which i could related to zoom, zoom communications etc. 

--- i did not need to restart the computer, just install the new version of zoom after clearing the registry 

--- after each entry of zoom is removed from registry, the zoom listing should disappear from the control panel/add/remove programs/programs and features listing of installed apps.

have to be careful not to delete any other keys

any path that has zoom\bin\

and any installation folders for zoom from the file explorer

Best

I made what you told me and yes there were registry entries associated to Zoom, but after restart the computer the program appears on installed apps. 

I found a solution who works for me, in the registry I look for the version of the Zoom just the numbers  > "5.7.1247" and I removed the registry folders associated to that version. 

Maybe because was deploy over intune the search was different (using version number), but I follow your steps removing every folder associated to the Zoom.exe.  

I am going to mark a solution because maybe with the 2 workarounds that you told me and I made, the issue dissapear. 

Thanks so much for your help @visiio !

Now is just the last version appears on installed apps. 

Mati_uy_0-1668689500373.png

visiio
Listener

That's great, and it would be nice if something like this could be incorporated in the official zoom remover 😊

All the Best

Mati_uy
Listener

It would be a wonderful christmas gift!

The last thing to add:  Some installers I found on the internet, installs zoom application on %appdata%. 

Very weird. 

Have a nice day!