cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stream from Zoom to my YouTube brand channel

kotoole72
Listener

First time poster, so I hope I've posted this in the correct forum. I've been going round and round with YouTube on this  problem, so I'm hoping maybe someone here might shed some light on this issue. For some time I've been trying to livestream to my brand YouTube channel, but as you can see from the screenshot below, I get a message that I'm not authorized to do it.  I have checked the options in my Zoom account authorizing my account to stream to Facebook and YouTube.  I then checked to make sure that I've verified my account with YouTube; as you can see from the screenshot, I have.  Weirdly I CAN stream through my personal YouTube account, just not through the brand channel.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for  your help.

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 5.03.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.06.52 PM 2.png

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @kotoole72 

Are you authenticating with your personal account to connect to your Brand Channel - and if so - what role does your personal account have on the Brand Channel?

You could probably work around this with a Custom RTMP stream if you needed to?

Hi Rupert:

I established my brand channel through my personal Google account, and thus I'm the owner of the brand channel.  Under my Google account I have my personal YouTube page (under my name), and my brand channel (my podcast). 

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Custom RTMP Stream, and how would I do that?  Can I do that through my brand channel?  Thanks so much for repsonding!