cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share screen on new MacBook Air

cowanchambers
Listener

When I try to share my screen it tells me to go to system preferences but I never find anything there to allow for it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found it under Systems Preferences / Security and Privacy / Screen Recording. I had already given Zoom access to my camera and microphone, so those worked fine.

It's working now; I was able to share my screen. Thank you.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi, @cowanchambers great question! Take a look at @Maechiang post, which deals with a very similar issue. If the accepted solution provides you with the assistance you are looking for, I encourage you to close this current discussion by marking this reply as the accepted solution. Users who view this post can then navigate to  @Maechiang  post to find the similarly asked question and solution that you also found to be helpful.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Where is this reply or can you help? I updated Zoom on my MacBook Pro, and can no longer share screen  with an open file.  Made last meeting a bust. Help!

Hi @phoenixland !

You can find the post, here.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

phoenixland
Listener

This doesn't work for me, I have no "AirPlay" on my system

When I try to  Screen Share, it won't let me choose anything!

Can you try screen sharing on a different device to see if that works? I would like to see if it is specific to your device. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Janine_Ryle
Listener

I have this same issue. Just upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey and now cannot share anything via Zoom. I am a teacher and rely on this. @phoenixland did you find any solution to your issue? I went to Security Preferences on my Mac and it did not give me any options that allowed me to select Zoom. I don't have any other devices that I use with Zoom. This completely messed up my class tonight!!

It’s been awhile, but I think I went to System Preferences and then Sharing.  Then make sure the Screen Sharing option is checked.  It was something fairly simple but I never found a good answer or help. I just clicked around until something worked.

Thanks! I found it under Security and Privacy / Screen Recording... trying it now.

It worked! Thanks for your help!!

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Janine_Ryle ,  is your macOS version 10.14 Mojave or 10.15 Catalina? knowing this will help me to further troubleshoot. Thank you! 

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

As I stated above, it's Monterey, v12.1.

I found it under Systems Preferences / Security and Privacy / Screen Recording. I had already given Zoom access to my camera and microphone, so those worked fine.

It's working now; I was able to share my screen. Thank you.

Same problem with new MacBook Air but although camera and microphone are ON for Zoom on Systems Preferences/Security and Privacy, the Screen Recording option cannot be turned on for Zoom... The Zoom logo appears shaded and there is apparently no option to add it (see annexed screen capture). Thank you for your help.

I have got this exact same problem...  the zoom option is faded... and cannot be turned on... grrrrr

Hi @Scarlettheart , do you see this Lock option in the Security and Privacy window? If so, you will need to select it to be able to make any changes. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 9.29.41 AM.png

Carla,

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I think it finally worked - it was the 'unlock' bit that I was not pushing....  many thanks

So happy I could help! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you for the update, Janine_Ryle! That is exactly it, because of the increased security and permissions on mac, one needs to grant Zoom access/permission to the microphone, camera, and screen sharing via the System Preferences. I appreciate you coming back here and sharing your knowledge with the community! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I'm having a similar issue but all that stuff is turned on.  When I start a meeting I can share when it's just me.  The minute someone else comes on, I get up pop up box saying screen sharing has stopped and I am restricted from screen sharing.  How do I stop this from happening as I need to do a raffle tonight that people need to see.

Thanks!

Hi @Imissvabad, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues trying to screen share. I would suggest going over this article: Screen sharing is not working. It provides troubleshooting steps you can take to get the screen sharingfeature to work again.

Thank you for your first post and for choosing the Zoom Community to seek support 🙂 if you need further assistance, let me know! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team